Makes 18 servings.
This recipe was submitted by friend-of-Calvin Valerie Upham and her realty group.
- 6 lb. large yams (red-skinned sweet potatoes)
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 9 tbsp. butter at room temperature
- 6 tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 9 large oranges
- Additional marshmallow creme
- 36 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pierce each yam all over with a fork. Working in 2 batches, cook yams in microwave 15 minutes. Turn yams over: cook until tender, about 12 minutes longer.
- Cut yams in half, scoop pulp into a bowl. Add marshmallow creme, butter, and syrup. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in eggs. (This step can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill if doing so.)
- Cut thin slice from top to bottom of each orange to make flat surfaces. Cut oranges in half, scoop out pulp, reserve for another use. Place orange cups on 2 baking sheets.
- Divide yam mixture equally among cups. Top each with dollop of marshmallow creme and 2 pecan halves. Bake until beginning to brown, about 30 minutes.