- Trim the rhubarb and cut into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Put the rhubarb, 2/3 cups sugar, and 2 tablespoons of water in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved and the rhubarb is almost tender, about 8 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the rhubarb from the liquid, and transfer it to a medium bowl.
- Raise heat to medium, and continue simmering liquid until thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the reduced liquid to a small bowl to cool.
- Add the cooled and thickened liquid to the reserved cooked rhubarb, and stir to combine.
Tip from harvesttotable.com