We like to serve our homemade chili with a peanut butter sandwich which is a time-honored Midwestern tradition. What do you like to have with a bowl of chili?
This recipe serves 10.
- 2 pounds of ground beef, raw
- 1 cups of onion, chopped
- 1 ¾ teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 cups tomatoes, canned, diced
- 3 cups water
- 1 ¾ cups tomato paste
- 7 cans (15 oz. cans) beans in chili sauce
- Brown ground beef, then drain.
- Add onions, garlic, green pepper, black pepper, and chili powder. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, water, tomato paste, and beans; mix well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer slowly on low, stirring occasionally until thickened (approximately 40 minutes).
- Top with your favorite toppings (cheese, sour cream, green onions) and serve with a peanut butter sandwich!