- 14 Bed Memory Unit opened in April 2009
- Opened May 17, 1965
- 30 independent apartments in Calvin West
- 100 assisted living apartments
- 59 beds in the Health Center, both private and semi-private rooms
- More than 200 residents
- 180 staff and over 200 volunteers
Independence. Christianity. Individuality.
These are the values our residents say they were seeking when choosing retirement living – values they found at Calvin Community.
Here are the reasons our residents say they chose Calvin…
- Calvin Community provides the complete continuum of living arrangements. From apartments to independent assisted living to skilled nursing care, we provide just the right amount of assistance when our residents need it.
- Calvin Community supports residents' independence. The health, security and happiness of our residents comes from our strong Christian foundation, and our services are tailored to fit individual physical, social, spiritual and psychological needs.
- Calvin Community serves great food. Residents, their families and other visitors tell us we have some of the most delicious food in Des Moines.
- Calvin Community has a dedicated, professional team serving residents. Many employees have been with Calvin for more than a decade; all share a strong Christian foundation and deep commitment to our residents.
- Calvin Community is rooted in Des Moines' Beaverdale neighborhood. We've been in Beaverdale for almost 45 years and Calvin residents and their families are involved in this community.
- Calvin Community, a not-for-profit business, invests solely in the care of our residents. Every dollar we earn delivers care within Calvin.
Come discover your own reasons to enjoy Calvin; please visit us today!