- 14 Bed Memory Unit opened in April 2009
- Opened May 17, 1965
- 30 independent apartments in Calvin West
- 100 assisted living apartments
- 59 beds in the Health Center, both private and semi-private rooms
- More than 200 residents
- 180 staff and over 200 volunteers
Independent LivingThe Calvin West apartments offer our most independent lifestyle.
Independence means many things at Calvin…
- Having a quiet, private place to call home without having to maintain a house or yard
- Keeping your own vehicle handy in a covered garage
- Enjoying our amenities and full calendar of activities
- Spending your time with family, friends and neighbors
- Knowing that additional services -- transportation, delicious meals, 24-hour emergency nursing response and more -- are available when you choose to use them.
Calvin West’s 30 apartments have one or two bedrooms, and some have balconies. Enclosed garages are provided. The apartments have complete kitchens, but meal service is available in an elegant dining room for entertaining guests or for times when our residents do not want to prepare a meal.
Services and amenities:
- elegant dining room for meals and special entertaining
- heated garages, fully enclosed and secure
- multi-purpose room for meetings and informal gatherings
- convenient laundry room
- exercise room
- attractive lobby for greeting guests
- planned social activities
- access to nursing care if needed
- emergency call system
- utilities provided
- convenient to churches and shopping
- completely secured building
- Possibility of deferred entrance fee payment. This gives you time to sell your present home when the market is right while enjoying the security and peace of mind of Calvin independent living now.
- Calvin will provide a moving company to move you in if you live within a 25 mile radius. No worry about “when will the kids or friends have time to help us move”.
- One free meal per person per day for the first six (6) months.
- Basic Cable TV at no additional expense.
Come visit us today. You’ll see that caring is what we do best!
"When we decided it was time to sell our house and find a place to spend the rest of our senior years, we spent days shopping all over Des Moines and the suburbs and then finally came to the conclusion that Calvin Community was the most desirable place to be." - Calvin resident